Hadrat Muhammad, the Chosen One May Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him
“Every blessing is from Muhammad on whom be peace and blessings of Allah. Blessed is He Who taught and he who was taught.” [Divine Revelation]
“After God I am inebriated with the love of Muhammadsa;
If this is infidelity, then by God I am a great infidel.”
This section contains the extracts from the writings of the Promised Messiahas about praising the Holy Prophet(sa).
- That light of high degree that was bestowed on perfect man was not in angels, was not in stars, was not in the moon, was not in the sun, was not in the oceans and the rivers, was not in rubies, emeralds, sapphires, or pearls; in short, it was not in any earthly or heavenly object. It was only in perfect man whose highest and loftiest and most perfect example was our lord and master, the Chief of the Prophets, the Chief of all living ones, Muhammad, the chosen one [peace and blessings of Allah be on him]. That light was bestowed on this man and, according to their ranks, upon all those who bore the same colour to some degree…. This dignity was found in its highest and most perfect form in our lord and master and our guide, the immaculate Prophet, the righteous one, testified to by the righteous, Muhammad, the chosen one [peace and blessings of Allah be on him].
[A’ina-e-Kamalat-e-Islam, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 5, pp. 160-162]
- I always wonder how high was the status of this Arabian Prophet, whose name was Muhammad, (thousands of blessings and peace be upon him). One cannot reach the limit of his high status and it is not given to man to estimate correctly his spiritual effectiveness. It is a pity that his rank has not been recognized, as it should have been. He was the champion who restored to the world the Unity of God which had disappeared from the world; he loved God in the extreme and his soul melted out of sympathy for mankind. Therefore, God, Who knew the secret of his heart, exalted him above all the Prophets and all the first ones and the last ones and bestowed upon him in his lifetime all that he desired.
[Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 22, pp. 118-119]
- The Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] combines the names of all the Prophets in himself in as much as he possessed all their diverse excellences. So, he is Moses and Jesus and Adam and Abraham and Joseph and Jacob. This is indicated in the verse:
Meaning that the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] should combine in himself all the diverse guidance which other Prophets had brought. This shows that the dignity of all Prophets was combined in the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him]; and his name Muhammad [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] also points to this, for it means greatly praised, and great praise can only be imagined when all the varied excellences and special qualities of the different Prophets are combined in the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him].
[A’ina-e-Kamalat-e-Islam, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 5, p. 343]
- When we estimate justly, then out of the whole series of Prophets, we find one of high courage and alive and greatly dear to God, the Chief of the Prophets, the pride and the crown of the Messengers, whose name is Muhammad Mustafa and Ahmad Mujtaba [peace and blessings of Allah be on him]. By walking under his shadow for ten days one obtains that light which before him could not be obtained in a thousand years…. We have found every light by following the immaculate Prophet and whoever follows him will also find it and he will become so accepted of God that nothing will be impossible for him. The Living God, Who is hidden from people, will be his God and all false gods will be trodden under his feet. He will be blessed everywhere and Divine Power will be with him. Peace be on him who follows the guidance.
[Siraj-e-Munir, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 12, pp. 82-83]
- Have you any notion what was the strange event that occurred in the desert country of Arabia when hundreds of thousands of the dead were revived within a brief period and those who had been misguided through generations put on Divine colour, and those who were blind obtained sight, and those who had been dumb began to speak of the understanding of the Divine, and the world underwent a revolution which had never been seen or heard of before? It was the supplications during dark nights of one who had lost himself in God which raised a clamour in the world, and manifested such wonders as appeared impossible in the case of that unlearned helpless one. Send down Thy blessings and peace, O Allah, on him and his people according to the amount of pain and anguish he felt for his Ummah, and pour down upon him the lights of Thy mercy forever.
[Barakat-ud-Du‘a, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 6, pp. 10-11]
- For all the children of Adam there is now no Messenger and intercessor other than the Holy Prophet Muhammad, the chosen one, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. So, you should endeavour to cultivate true love for this magnificent and majestic prophet and not place anyone else above him in any manner so that you may be counted in Heaven among those who have attained salvation. Remember, salvation is not something which is attainable only after death. Indeed, true salvation is the one which manifests its light in this very world. Who is the one who is delivered? He indeed who believes that God is truth and that the Holy Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is the intercessor between God and mankind. So also, he believes that under the firmament of Heaven there is no prophet equal to him and that there is no book of the status of the Quran. And for none else God ordained that he should live forever with his message and his law, but this noble Prophet lives forever.
[Kashti Nuh, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 19, pp. 13-14]
- Is it not a matter for wonder that a poor, powerless, helpless, and unlearned orphan who was alone at a time when every people possessed a plenitude of financial, military and intellectual means, brought such a bright teaching that he silenced everyone with his conclusive arguments and clear proofs? He pointed out the mistakes of those who were claimed as great philosophers. He exhibited such power that he pulled down rulers from their thrones and put poor people on them in their place. If this was not Divine support, then what was it? Can anyone overcome the whole world in reason, knowledge, strength and force without Divine support?
[Brahin-e-Ahmadiyya, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 1, pp. 119]
- It is worthy of note how steadfastly the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] adhered to his claim of Prophethood right till the end, despite thousands of dangers and hundreds of thousands of opponents and obstructers and threateners. For years, he endured misfortunes and hardships which increased daily and rendered success apparently hopeless, and by enduring which patiently he had not in mind the achievement of any worldly purpose. On the contrary, by putting forward his claim of Prophethood, he lost what he had and purchased a hundred thousand contentions and invited a thousand calamities to overtake him. He was expelled from his home, was pursued by slayers, lost his home and all it contained and was poisoned several times. Those who were his well-wishers began to wish him ill and those who were his friends turned into enemies. For a long period, he had to bear hardships, to be steadfast under which was not possible for a cunning impostor.
[Brahin-e-Ahmadiyya, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 1 pp. 108-109]
- It is my personal experience that to obey the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] with a sincere heart and to love him, ultimately makes a person beloved of God. God creates in his heart a burning for His Own love and such a one, withdrawing his heart from everything else, leans towards God and his affection and desire remain only for God Almighty. Thereupon a special manifestation of Divine love falls upon him and, bestowing upon him the full colour of love and devotion, pulls him towards itself with great force. He then overcomes his passions and from every direction extraordinary works of God Almighty appear as signs in his support and to help him.
[Haqiqat-ul-Wahi, Ruhani Khaza’in, Vol. 22, pp. 67-68]
- May Thy peace and blessing be on Mustafa, sans end;
From him we obtained this light, O God Almighty.
My soul has always had affinity with Muhammad’s soul;
We fed that wine-cup to the heart-filled to the brim.
We saw no one better than him in this world;
Indeed we alienated our heart from all strangers.
We stand accused in the eyes of the strangers, ever since
We placed his love in the bottom of our heart.
Touching thy garment saves from every snare;
No doubt we bowed our head at thy door.
O dearest! I swear of thy uniqueness;
In thy love we forgot our own self.
By God, all signs of strangers are from heart erased,
Ever since we set thine image in the heart.
Beholding thee we saw a strange display of light,
With light of thine the Satans did we scorch.
We are elect of men through thee, O elect of Messengers;
We moved our own step forward with thy stride.
Let alone the humans-even Angels all
Extol thy praise only what we have sung.
Today, my dear, fed up with people’s cruelty,
We’ve raised this doomsday-clamour in thy lane!
[Ayena e Kamalate Islam: Roohani Khaza’in Vol 5, pp 225 -226]
- That guide of ours, with whom everything is illumined,
His name is Muhammad–he is my belovèd.
All prophets are pure-one better than the other-
But, from God Almighty–he is the best of creation.
He is better than those before-like a moon in his traits;
All eyes are upon him–he’s the moon of dark nights1.
The earlier ones gave up on the way; he took us across;
I dote upon him, he is the one who is the guide.
He removed the veils–and showed the way in –
He joined the heart with the Dear-this is that friend.
That Timeless Dear–that Belovèd Who is Hidden–
We saw Him through him–he is the only guide. Today,
He is the King of Faith; he is the Crown of Messengers;
He is pure and trustworthy – this is his very praise.
All edicts that came from God, he acted upon them all;
He told us all the secrets–he is the gift of the Giver.
His eye is very keen; his heart close to the Belovèd;
With Faith’s lamp in hand, he’s the source of light.
The knotty secrets of Faith– he told them all–
The giver of wealth– He is the commander.
I cherish that light– I am enamoured with him–
He exists, and I am but naught; this is the final verdict.
That unique belovèd is a treasure trove of knowledge–
All else is fiction– he truly is the infallible one.
We gained it all from him, Thou art Witness, O Lord–
The one who showed us the truth, he is the handsome one.
We were blind of heart; a hundred snares therein; then he
Who opened the locks2– he is the Chosen one.
1 The Prophet Muhammad is frequently called the Moon of Dark Nights since he appeared during an age of darkness.
2 The following footnote is from the author himself:
“The meaning of the word ‘jande’ here is lock. It is not intended to demonstrate any skills in poetry nor do I like this appellation for myself. For this reason, I have used some words of the Punjabi language at some places. Our objective is not Urdu, per se, but to introduce the truth to the hearts and we have no concern with poetry as such.
The Excellences of Prophethood Attained their Climax in the Holy Prophet
Importance of Following the Holy Prophet(sa)
Khataman-Nabiyyeen Through the Eyes of The Promised Messiah(as)
Obey the Holy Prophet and try to become his like
Obey and Love the Holy Prophet
The Holy Prophet’s Unparalleled Love & Compassion For All
Exemplary Compassion of The Holy Prophet(sa)
The First Muslim and The First Momin
Love for the Holy Prophet(sa) and the Importance of Darud Sharif
The Life and Character of the Seal of the Prophets
The Holy Prophet: A Messenger of Peace and Reconciliation
Muhammad(sa) – The Restorer of Family Values
Holy Prophet(sa) – Freedom of Speech and Cartoon Controversy
Response to the Negative Portrayal of The Holy Prophet in the Western literature
Mohammad – The Prophet
The Holy Prophet Muhammad in the Eyes of Non-Muslims
Prophet or King?
The Holy Prophet of Islam
Hazrat Muhammad(sa) in the Vedas
Biblical prophecies about Muhammad(sa)
Life of Muhammad(sa)
Muhammad the kindred to Humanity
Holy Prophet Muhammad and His Teachings
Muhammad in The Bible
The Seal of Prophets – His Personality and Character
True Insights into the Concept of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat
True Love for the Holy Prophet
The Blessed Model of the Holy Prophet Muhammad and the Caricatures
The Life & Character of the Seal of Prophets(sa) – Volume I
The Life & Character of the Seal of Prophets(sa) – Volume II
The Life & Character of the Seal of Prophets(sa) – Volume III
Exalted Status of The Holy Prophet as The Khatamun Nabiyeen
The Message of Islam
Wisdom of The Holy Prophet
The Excellent Exemplar – Muhammad
Muhammad: Seal of the Prophets
Holy Prophet of Islam – Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa
The life of the Holy Prophet of Islam
Muhammad(sa) – The Perfect Man
Our Beloved Master – His Early Life
Holy Prophet’s Kindness to Children
Muhammad in the Bible
With Love to Muhammad(sa) – The Khatam-un-Nabiyyin
Muhammad and The Jews
Reply to Critique
Modesty and Humility of Our Messenger(sa) – How to Avoid Immoral Societal Trends
Holy Prophet(sa) – Exemplary Peace Initiative Amidst Intense Animosity
The Holy Prophet’s(sa) patience and steadfastness
Hazrat Muhammad(sa) – Beacon of Absolute Justice
Holy Prophet(sa) – A Messenger of Peace
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) – Congeniality in the Face of Hostility
The Holy Prophet(sa) Forgiveness and Forbearance
Good treatment of the Holy Prophet towards non-Muslims
Treatment of the Holy Prophet(sa) with Non-Muslims
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) – Our Perfect Guide
The Holy Prophet (pbuh) mercy on mankind
The Holy Prophet(sa) as a Messenger of Peace
Love for Prophet Muhammad(sa) – the Gateway to Divine Love
Defending the Honour of Prophet Muhammad(sa) in America
Ancestors of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
Muhammad(sa) – The Messenger of Peace
Prophet Muhammad(sa) – an Oasis of Mercy for his Companions
A brief synopsis of the high moral excellences of The Holy Prophet(sa)
Sunnah – the Best Model Leading to Divine Mercy and Love
The Innocence of The Holy Prophet(sa) – A Rebuttal of Innocence of Muslims
Patience and Forbearance of the Holy Prophet(sa)
Prophet Muhammad(sa), Messenger of Peace and Reconciliation
The Holy Prophet’s Love for Service and Servants of Humanity
Benevolence of the Holy Prophet(sa)
The Islamic Concept of Freedom: The Prophet Mohammad(sa)’s Example
Life of Muhammad, The Holy Prophet (pbuh) – Part 1
Life of Muhammad, The Holy Prophet (pbuh) – Part 2
Most gracious conduct of the Holy Prophet towards children and family
Exemplary character of the Holy Prophet of Islam